The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
1. Develop specifications and preliminary design of assembly line side equipment based Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
2. Prepare equipment bid package information (per customer standards if applicable).
3. Assist in requisition preparation for assembly line side equipment.
4. Work with vendors on clarifications, review bids received and make recommendations, help with award.
5. Basic mechanical equipment design skills.
6. Define Body-In-White and Trim-Chassis-Final material flow equipment requirements.
7. Gravity feed rack (GFR’s), line side display equipment (dollies, risers, lift tables, turntables, tilt tables)
8. Other material flow equipment (dunnage stands, storage signs, tip tables, bulk storage – warehouse racking)
1. Must know AutoCAD 2D, AutoCAD or Inventor 3D is a plus.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
3. Willing to travel on average - 75%.
4. Automotive experience is a plus.
5. Must be a team player, pro-active and be able to perform under limited supervision.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
Strong verbal and written communication skills